Getting ready for the AP Bio exam?
- Check out this new AP Bio Exam Study Outline
- Try these Click-on Challenges: the funnest way to review.
- Get the Biomania AP Bio App.
In the menu below, Tutorials are blue, and Student Learning Guides are underlined in red
- Topic 1.1: The Structure of Water and Hydrogen Bonding |Structure of Water Student Learning Guide (SLG)
- Carbon and Functional Groups (more useful background)|Carbon and Functional Groups SLG
- Topics 1.3-1.6: Biochemistry (Monomers and Polymers, carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids) | Biochemistry SLG
Unit 2: Cells and Cell Membranes
- Topics 2.1 – 2.3, 2.10-2.11: Cell Structure and Function (includes cell size, the endomembrane system, and the origins of cell compartmentalization) | Cell Structure and Function Student Learning Guide
- Topics 2.4-2.9: Cell Membrane Structure and Function/Osmosis | Cell Membranes SLG
First Quarter review quizzes (Units 1 and 2)
Unit 3: Cellular Energetics
Unit 4: Cell Communication and the Cell Cycle
- Topics 4.1 – 4.4: Cell Communication/Signal Transduction | Cell Communication Student Learning Guide
- Topic 4.5: Feedback and Homeostasis: (Thermoregulation, Blood Glucose, Osmoregulation) | Feedback and Homeostasis SLG
- Topics 4.6 and 4.7: Mitosis, the Cell Cycle, and Cell Cycle Regulation | Mitosis, the Cell Cycle, and Cell Cycle Regulation SLG
- Units 1 – 4, with a separate quiz on some topics from unit 6.
- Topics 5.1, 5.2, 5.6: Meiosis, Sex Determination, Nondisjunction, and Chromosomal Variations | Meiosis Student Learning Guide
- Topics 5.3 – 5.5: Genetics (includes Mendelian, Blood type, Sex linkage, Dihybrid Crosses, Linkage, Chi-Square and Environmental Effects on Phenotype) | Genetics Student Learning Guide
- Topic 6.1 – 6.2: DNA Structure and Replication | DNA Structure and Replication Student Learning Guide
- Topic 6.3 and 6.4. Transcription and translation | Transcription and Translation SLG
- Topic 6.5: Bacterial Gene Regulation/Operons | Bacterial Genetics/Operons Student Learning Guide
- Topic 6.6:
- Topic 6.7:
- Topic 6.8: Genetic Engineering | Genetic Engineering Student Learning Guide
- Topic 7.1 – 7.5: Natural Selection and Population Genetics (including Hardy-Weinberg) | Natural Selection and Population Genetics Student Learning Guide
- Topics 7.6 – 7.8: Evidence for Evolution, Common Ancestry and Continuing Evolution | Evidence for Evolution Student Learning Guide
- Topic 7.9: Phylogeny and Classification | Phylogeny and Classification Student Learning Guide
- Topic 7.10 – 7.12: Species, Speciation, and Extinction | Species, Speciation, and Extinction Student Learning Guide
- Topic 7:13: Origin and Early History of Life, The RNA World | Origin of Life Student Learning Guide
Unit 8: Ecology
- Topic 8.1: Responses to the Environment (Animal Behavior) | Animal Behavior Student Learning Guide
- Topic 8.2: Energy Flow through Ecosystems | Ecosystems Student Learning Guide
- Topics 8.3 and 8.4: Population Ecology | Population Ecology Student Learning Guide
- Topics 8.5 and 8.6: Community Ecology and Biodiversity | Community Ecology Student Learning Guide
- Topic 8.7: Ecosystem Disruption | Ecosystem Disruption Student Learning Guide
Recommended Readings: Articles and books to extend your learning.
Click-on games, with a timer and a leaderboard. An incredibly fun way to review for the AP Bio exam. They’re even better when played on the Biomania AP Bio app.