Here’s a technical guide about how to get started as a teacher teaching with Learn-Biology.com. Follow the link above for short tutorials about how to:
- Set up your classes,
- Enroll your students,
- Assign quizzes and flashcard decks, and
- Check your students’ scores.
Are you new to teaching AP Biology? Or a veteran trying to add a few new tricks? Then then link above is for you. I’ll be building this section throughout the year, but my goal is to have a unit-by-unit, week-by-week guide to teaching AP Bio while using Learn-Biology.com. For each unit and topic, I’ll include
- College Board objectives
- Teaching tips
- Ideas and links for activities and labs
If you’re looking for my email archive (all of the weekly emails I sent during 2020-21), here it is. Note that I’ll be using these emails as the basis for the new teacher’s guide that I’m building at the link above.
3. Planning Documents for AP Bio teachers
Looking for a Bird’s eye view of AP Biology? Use the links below.
- Scope and sequence spreadsheet (gives you an overview of the entire course)
- Condensed 2019 College Board Course outline (a reformatted version of the College Board’s 200 page pdf. Mine is 33 pages).
- Weekly Agendas (my weekly lesson plan and guide)
- 2021-2022 Weekly Agenda (coming soon)
- Last year’s 2020-2021 weekly agenda (use this for reference)
- Study questions for Campbell Biology in Focus, 2nd Edition. I’m a post-textbook teacher. So are most of the hundreds of teachers using Learn-Biology.com. But feel free to use and adapt these study questions to support your students.
Do you want your students to become deep biological thinkers? The link above will show you how to use journaling to get your students to think biologically (with the added benefit of getting them ready for the AP Bio exam).
5. How to not pay out-of-pocket for your Learn-Biology.com license
Learn-Biology.com is an online, interactive textbook. You don’t buy your students’ textbooks. You shouldn’t have to buy them access to Learn-Biology.com. Here’s a plan to help you to get your school or community to pay for your license.
While the College Board deemphasized these themes in the 2019 course redesign, I still find them useful. The link above provides some resources for bringing thematic thinking into your AP Biology course.
8+ ways that, when you’re in the room with your students, you can check to make sure that your students are achieving your learning objectives.
Handouts galore. Some of these predated the interactive curriculum that I’ve created here on Learn-Biology.com, but they’re still useful in their own right. Note that if you’re using the interactive tutorials Learn-Biology.com, some of these handouts might, at this point, be redundant.
9. Get Rewarded for Spreading the Word about Learn-Biology.com
Learn about our affiliate marketing program.