Introduction and Sign Up Form
Welcome! The outline below is an evolving main menu for our high school, NGSS-aligned biology curriculum. Click here to jump to our main menu.
If you’re a current user of our AP or College-level biology, you’ll find much that’s familiar. That’s because many of our AP and College-level tutorials were originally written for use with my 9th grade students. At the same time, wherever necessary, I’ve redesigned tutorials to work for 9th graders. That’s particularly true in units related to biochemistry, cellular respiration, photosynthesis, and molecular genetics.
If you’re interested in getting updates about new modules and features, please sign up below. Please be assured that I, Mr. W, will NEVER use your email address to do anything other than to email you about the materials I’m creating to help your students learn biology.
Tutorials in blue are ready for review. Student Learning Guides are red.
Please take a look and let me know what you think.
- Properties of Living Things
- Structure Determines Function
- Levels of Biological Organization
- Understanding Controlled Experiments
- Advanced tutorial (check with your teacher): Biology’s 4 big ideas
- Basic Chemistry: atoms, molecules, chemical bonding | Basic Chemistry Student Learning Guide
- The Chemistry and Properties of Water: includes acids and bases) | Structure of Water Student Learning Guide (SLG)
- The Molecules of Life (Biochemistry) | Molecules of Life Student Learning Guide
Cells and Membranes
- Cell Structure and Function | Cell Structure and Function Student Learning Guide
- Cell Membranes | Cell Membranes SLG
Energy at the Cellular Level
- Enzymes, Energy, and Cellular Respiration | Enzyme, Energy, Cellular Respiration SLG
- Photosynthesis| Photosynthesis Student Learning Guide
DNA and Molecular Genetics
- DNA Structure and Replication | DNA Structure and Replication Student Learning Guide
- RNA, Transcription, and Translation | RNA, Transcription and Translation Student Learning Guide
- Mutation | Mutation Student Learning Guide
- Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering | Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering Student Learning Guide
- Meiosis (importance of meiosis, phases, nondisjunction, and chromosomal variation) | Meiosis Student Learning Guide
- Genetics (Genes, Autosomal inheritance, blood type, sex linked genes) | Genetics Student Learning Guide)
- Thinking Like Darwin: Adaptation, Natural Selection, and Sexual Selection | Thinking Like Darwin Student Learning Guide
- Population Genetics | Population Genetics Student Learning Guide
- Evidence for Evolution | Evidence for Evolution Student Learning Guide
- Species and Speciation | Species and Speciation Student Learning Guide
- Classification and Phylogenetic Trees | Classification and Phylogenetic Trees Student Learning Guide
- Ecosystems (carbon cycle, food chains, food webs, trophic levels) | Ecosystems Student Learning Guide
- Ecological Communities
- Niches and Habitats
- Species Interactions
- Keystone Species and Trophic Cascades
- Ecological Succession
- Population ecology
- Population Growth
- Carrying Capacity
- Ecosystem Disruption | Ecosystem Disruption Student Learning Guide
- The Greenhouse Effect and Climate Disruption | Greenhouse Effect and Climate Disruption Student Learning Guide.
- Social Behavior and Group Interactions
- Feedback and Homeostasis
- Viruses | Viruses Student Learning Guide
- Human Population Growth